Growing up, I was the epitome of shy. I could hardly bring myself to go up to the counter at a fast food establishment and ask for ketchup. Every time my Dad made me, I thought the world was going to come to an end. My extreme shyness made making friends extremely difficult. It wasn’t until I was in my latter college years that I finally started coming out of my shell. However, this doesn’t mean that I am a little social butterfly. Throw me in a room full of people I don’t know and well…let’s just say it isn’t pretty. There is sweat, nerves. and fidgety hands involved. Like I said, not pretty.
However, this is the Internet. I have at least a mouse click between us which means, HI, I’M NOT SHY ONLINE. And since most of you probably don’t know me, here are
25 Things About Me that You Probably Never Needed (but Wanted) to Know
1. Unless you count declaring my major midway through my first semester Freshman year of college, I never changed my major. I knew in my heart that English Literature was exactly what I needed to study and love for the rest of my life. It was the best decision I have ever made.
2. I had a pinata at my twenty-first birthday party. I demolished it while wearing 4-inch heels. My family thought it was amazing, I however, have not worn 4-inch heels since.
3. I am allergic to strawberries. Always have been. However sometimes, I sneak in a bite of strawberry ice cream and face the consequences. I love strawberry ice cream.
4. I really dislike beef. But I will eat lengua and cabeza any night of the week. They are my only two exceptions.
5. To me, the perfect beach has no sand. Sand is demonic. This would explain why I avoid the beach like the plague.
6. I know every single word to the following movies: The Little Mermaid, Pride and Prejudice (2005), That Thing You Do!, and Howl’s Moving Castle.
7. I have had a cat calendar every year for the past five years. I love cats.
8. I own three articles of visible black clothing: suit jacket, sweater, skirt. I hate the color black.
9. The only drive-thru windows you will ever see me at are at In-N-Out, Starbucks, Chick-fil-A, and Steak-N-Shake.
10. In reference to the above, the last time I ate McDonalds was in 2005, the last time I ate Taco Bell was 2009. I have never really eaten at any other fast food establishment.
11. I can’t wear fake silver. I turn green instantly. Green skin is not a good look on me.
12. I am a crier. Nine times out of ten, any movie will make me cry. All books make me cry.
13. Speaking of books, I may be an English major, but my favorite author is Sarah Dessen. She writes young adult novels.
14. I am not artistic at all. Unless you count scrap-booking. That’s art right?
15. My favorite cuisine is Mexican food. All the cheese, salsa, tortillas, cheese, rice, spice. mmmmm. I just had a personal moment over here.
16. My two little sisters will always be little sisters. Even if they are 16 and 23 now.
17. I have had two offers of marriage. One from a 7 year old and one from his 5 year old brother. I made a very serious promise that if I am not married by the time they graduate from college, I will marry one of them. I love them, but Lord have mercy, I hope I am married by then.
18. My biggest fear is that I will never find a man brave enough to spend the rest of his life with me.
19. The perfect pizza has four things: dough, sauce, mozzarella cheese, and fresh slices tomatoes. Nothing else.
20. I hate tuna sandwiches, but love tuna melts. Does that make me weird?
21. I can’t spell. At all. Spell check is my best friend.
22. If I could eat self-serve frozen yogurt every day for the rest of my life, I would. It is that good.
23. For the first time in my life, I don’t just weight the amount I put on my drivers license, I weight less. I wrote that weight down when I was 17. I am now 25.
24. I never go out without my hair and makeup done. Even if I am just wearing jeans and a sweatshirt.
25. Bananas and I are BFF. In fact I eat about 4 bananas a day. But at least my addiction is a healthy one.
And to send you off to enjoy the last day of your Labor Day Weekend, here is my dog Cricket. He has a cute butt.